Show Business is a Lot More Business Than Show - I Can Help
For most of us, making a full-time living making music is the goal. But in order to achieve this, it is essential to identify whether or not you're on the right track.
As an exercise, think for a moment about why you're not currently making a full-time living making music...
- Do you know how to make a full-time living making music?
- Do you have a strategy for getting started and building a sustainable music career?
- Do you understand the different income streams available to you?
- Do you have a strategy for growing and nurturing a community of fans and followers?
- Do you have a strategy for monetizing your community?
- Are you marketing effectively?
- Do you have clarity about to whom you should be marketing and how?
I would love to talk with you, hear your story, and help you move your career forward. If this sounds interesting to you, contact me today and let's create a plan to help you make a living making music.
Michael Pickering, M.A., Music Business, ACUE
BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC
Michael Pickering, President and Chief Creative Officer of Lionsong Entertainment, Inc., and former Director and founder of the Music and Entertainment Entrepreneurship program at the Community College of Aurora, is a creative leader, entrepreneur, educator, and musician. He holds a Master of Arts in Music Business Degree and a B.P.S. in Interdisciplinary Music Studies Degree from the Berklee College of Music. He has served on the boards of local arts and entertainment organizations, authored post-secondary music curricula, and spoken at many local and national music industry events. He also provides music and entertainment business and performance consulting services (www.mpickeringmusic.com). Michael and his wife, Amy Pickering, remain active as national headline music and clean comedy performing artists for corporate, theatrical, educational, outreach, cruise, and private clients worldwide — www.michaelandamy.com.